The upgrade of Ormiston Road from a two to four lane arterial including two major intersections was carried out in 2007 by John Gardiner and Andrea Pessione while working for another consultancy.
Major services including bulk water and gas mains, together with fibre optic communications cables, had to be modified or worked around requiring a high degree of coordination and management. The road remained open to large traffic volumes during construction requiring a staged approach to construction.
Work was successfully completed without incident and to budget.
The experience our staff possess contributed to –
- Construction completion on budget and ahead of schedule.
- Protection of major services rather than expensive relocation.
- Minimal traffic disruption or public complaint throughout the extensive construction period.
- A quality transportation outcome.
Delivered through –
- Ability to deliver significant projects to tight delivery time frames.
- The ability to coordinate multidisciplinary teams and inputs from external organisations.
- Quality design skills.